Our school is located in the southeastern section of Redford Township. Most of our students are local and come from the surrounding neighborhoods.
We have much to be proud of! A few of our points of pride include:
- Over 200 years of combined teaching experience from our faculty! All Vandenberg teachers are highly qualified and certified to teach elementary school.
- We are an AdvancED Accredited school. The South Redford School District was the first district in Michigan to receive district-wide AdvancED accreditation!
- A very active Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), which puts on regular Family Engagement Nights in Reading, Writing, Math, the Arts, and Entertainment.
- An Annual Black History Celebration in honor of Black History Month each February!
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) throughout the school, where students are encouraged to make healthy behavior choices and earn privileges and rewards for doing so.
- Monthly celebration assemblies where students and classrooms are recognized for their accomplishments and leadership.
- Building Health Communities Grant
- Partnerships with a wide range of local business, government, and community groups, including Detroit Diesel, Madonna University, the Redford Jaycees, the Redford Interfaith Relief Food Pantry, Redford Township, Lincoln Behavioral Services, the Girl Scouts, the Boy Scouts, and many more.
Principal, Vandenberg Elementary